By Staff Reporter
Minister of Health and Childcare who is also Vice President Dr Constantine Chiwenga has announced a 30 day lockdown which will see curfew from 6am – 6pm.
Below are some of the highlights from the press conference.
-Strict mask wearing temperature checks
-Only essential services eg hospitals pharmacies and supermarkets to remain open with only essential staff allowed to come to work..from 8am to 3pm
-curfew 6pm to 6am
-other commercial services only part four lockdown order services eg mining, agric, financial will remain open
- all formal and informal businesses are suspended from Tuesday 5 jan for 30days
-intrprovncial and intercity transport only for essential services and part four services
- people must stay at home save for groceries and medicine purchase or transporting sick relatives
- only exam classes to open now
- Cross boarder traders stopped save for commercial and transit cargo related to essential and critical service
-air transport to remain as before
-only returning residents and internal drivers will be admitted at foot boarders after provision of covid results
- restaurants, bottles tors and bars are closed for 30days except for those serving restaurants
- tourist facilities and national parks to operate as before subject to health precautions